We are listening to your questions.
- We are based in Nairobi – Kileleshwa but work all over the country and even outside the country.
- Soil is tested to check the nutrient levels and PH so that appropriate corrective measures can be taken if necessary; this ensures that the plants grow in a conducive environment and receive all required nutrients that are necessary for robust growth. It is important to base fertilizer application on soil test recommendations. Soil is also tested to check for presence of pathogens that can be injurious to plant growth.
- Once the greenhouse has been constructed, you need to prepare the soil, germinate your seedlings, make sure the irrigation system is working well then plant. There are several unique greenhouse management practices that need to be followed to ensure a successful harvest.
- Greenhouses are broadly classified into two depending on the material used to build the framework i.e. wooden and steel greenhouses. Steel frameworks are durable, portable, and resistant to weather factors and damage by termites; they are also easy and quick to install and repair. We therefore highly recommend steel greenhouses over wooden greenhouses. The framework is covered by UV polythene and netting. The cladding remains the same for both wooden and metallic greenhouses.
- Yes. We repair both wooden and steel greenhouses. Greenhouses could be damaged by wind, human action or by natural wear and tear of the cladding (polythene and ventilation net) and wood in case of wooden greenhouses. It is advisable to change the greenhouse polythene every three to five years to maintain maximum efficiency. We also repair and maintain irrigation systems.
- There is no one irrigation system that is best for all circumstances; the key is to identify which system best fits your circumstances. Drip irrigation however offers several advantages over other irrigation methods such as basin and sprinkler irrigation. Drip is highly efficient in terms of uniformity of water application, time utilization, labour utilization and water utilization efficiency.
- Yes but it requires discipline and hard work to succeed.
- We support our farmers through training, extension services and market linkages at an affordable cost.